Chicken Pot Pie
Each bite of chicken pot pie is a satisfying experience, as the flavors and textures blend together perfectly. The creamy sauce envelops the chicken and vegetables, creating a decadent filling that is both savory and satisfying. The crust provides a crispy, buttery texture that contrasts perfectly with the tender filling, making each bite a delightful balance of flavors and textures.
Type: Main dish
Recipe Yield: 6 servings
Calories: 550 calories
Preparation Time: 1H30M
Cooking Time: 45M
Total Time: 2H15M
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup of peas
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 celery stalks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ cup cream
- 2 margarine bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon royal soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ cup of water to soften the flour
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Steps
- Cook the chicken in a little salted water. Once the chicken is cooked, place it in a food processor to shred it (reserve the chicken broth for another step).
- Cook the peas and once they are ready, set them aside to dry.
- Cut the carrot into small cubes and cook it. Once it is ready, set it aside to dry.
- Finely chop the garlic, onion, and celery.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. (If we don’t want to use milk, we can substitute it for the chicken broth that we reserved from cooking the chicken.)
- In a frying pan, melt the margarine and sauté the chopped garlic, onion, and celery. When it is sautéed, add the cooked peas, cooked carrot, and shredded chicken. Keep stirring to prevent it from sticking, and then add the cream and cornstarch dissolved in milk. This will make the mixture creamy.
Pie Crust Steps
- Melt the margarine.
- Add all the ingredients to the flour and then make the dough. Form a ball with it and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, divide it in two, and roll out both pieces of dough. It’s easier to do this using a rolling pin.
Chicken Pot Pie Preparation Steps
Grease the mold with butter and place one of the rolled-out doughs for the bottom part. Place the creamy chicken mixture on top and cover it with the other rolled-out dough. Make some holes in the top with a fork, this will help the steam escape. A tip to make your pie look shiny and more appetizing is to beat an egg in a dish and brush it over the pie with a kitchen brush.
Finally, bake in the oven at 170 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
Why you should try our Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Homemade from Scratch
Chicken pot pie is a classic comfort food that is both hearty and delicious. It features a savory filling of tender, juicy chicken, mixed vegetables, and a creamy, flavorful sauce, all nestled inside a buttery, flaky crust. The aroma of the warm, golden crust and the rich, creamy sauce will tempt your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
One of the great things of making Chicken Pot Pie is that you don’t have to use many kitchen appliances, which later you have to clean. No blender, air fryer or mixers are needed to make the pie, just an oven and food processor is all you need.
This classic dish is perfect for chilly nights, family gatherings, or any occasion where you want to enjoy a warm and comforting meal. Chicken pot pie is a timeless favorite that will always satisfy your hunger and warm your soul.
Hello, I am Cristy. I love cooking but what I love most is keeping my kitchen tools and appliances top notch. I enjoy writing about everything I have learned around the kitchen. I believe that keeping your kitchen tools well cleaned and maintained produces the best dishes and drinks. Besides writing and cooking I enjoy traveling, camping, hiking and music.