Welcome to the world of juicing! If you’re a proud owner of a Jack Lalanne power juicer, you know how satisfying it is to enjoy fresh, healthy juice every day. However, as with any kitchen appliance, cleaning it can be a chore.
Neglecting to clean your juicer properly can not only affect the quality of your juice but also damage the machine in the long run.
In this article, we will walk you through a step-by-step guide on how to clean a Jack Lalanne power juicer to keep it in pristine condition, ensure the longevity of your appliance, and maintain the health benefits of your daily juicing routine. So, let’s get started!
How to Clean a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer – Step by Step
Cleaning a Jack Lalanne power juicer is relatively simple and requires only a few tools. Here are the essential tools you will need to clean your juicer:
- Dish soap – This is an essential cleaning agent that helps to break down the buildup of juice residue and other dirt and grime that can accumulate in your juicer.
- Water – You will need water to rinse off the juicer after cleaning it.
- Soft-bristle brush – A soft-bristle brush is perfect for cleaning hard-to-reach areas of your juicer, such as the mesh filter, the pulp collector, and the cutting blades.
- Towels or a dish rack – You will need a clean towel or a dish rack to dry off the parts of the juicer after cleaning them.
With these four essential tools, you will be able to clean your Jack Lalanne power juicer easily and effectively.
Cleaning your Jack Lalanne power juicer is a straightforward process that involves a few simple steps. Following these simple steps will help you to keep your Jack Lalanne power juicer in pristine condition, ensuring that you can enjoy fresh, healthy juice every day.
Clean the Pusher
Disassemble the juicer by removing the pulp collector, the pusher, the lid, the juicing screen, and juice bowl.
Rinse the pusher thoroughly. Let it to air dry.
Clean the Pulp Container
Discard the food residue from the pulp container. Rinse it thorughly to remove any stuck-on food residue. Lay it upside down to air dry.
Clean the Lid
Scrub the lid with a small soft bristle brush to loosen any food particles. Rinse thoroughly. Lay it upside down to air dry.
Clean the Juicing Screen
Scrub gently with a brush the metal screen to push out the food from the small holes. Rinse thoroughly until the screen has no food stuck-on. Be very careful as the metal screen is very delicate and with too much force it can get damaged. Leave it to air dry upside down.
Clean the Juicing Bowl
Rinse the juicing bowl thorouhly inside and outside. Leave it upside down to air dry.
Clean the Motor Base
Clean the motor base with a damp towel. Never submerge the motor base in water or any other liquid as this will damage the juicer.
Reassemble the Juicer
Once all the parts are clean and dry go ahead and reassemble the Jack Lalanne power juicer.
This completes the cleaning proces and the juicer is ready to produce some more delicious and healthy juices.
Tips and Tricks
- Turn the Juicer on before you put any fruit or vegetables.
- Allow unit to run for at least 10 seconds before introducing fruits and vegetables to juice.
- Do not force food into the juicer. Allow food to pass through slowly and steadily using the pusher. You do not need to apply pressure unless the juicer starts to vibrate. Then only a slightly harder push should bring it back to balance.
- Any fruit or vegetable that will fit the chute can be put through whole. The only time it is necessary to cut is when something is too large. Then it should be cut into large enough pieces to fit in the chute. Do not cut pieces too small.
- Remove large pits such as peach, mango, etc. as they will damage the blade and possibly the unit.
- Cleaning can be made easy by placing a plastic bag inside the pulp container. When you are done juicing, the bag can be lifted out and disposed of easily leaving the pulp container easier to clean.
- Let the Power Juicer run for a few minutes before turning off to allow any excess juice to be extracted from the pulp. Once turned off it is quite normal for the juicer to spin for a minute or so due to the very fine precision balancing of this appliance. Wait until the Power Juicer is done spinning before disassembling.
- Do not try to juice bananas or avocados as they do not contain juice and will clog the machine. Add them separately in a blender.
- We do not recommend using overripe fruit as it will leave too much pulp in the filter and clog the Power Juicer.
- Do not pour liquids into the Power Juicer at any time.
FAQs on How to Clean a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer
How often should I clean my Jack Lalanne power juicer?
You should clean your Jack Lalanne power juicer after every use to ensure that it stays in good working condition and to prevent any buildup of juice residue.
Can I put the parts of the Jack Lalanne juicer in the dishwasher?
It is not recommended to put the parts of your Jack Lalanne power juicer in the dishwasher, as the high temperatures and harsh detergents can damage the plastic parts and the metal in the juicing screen.
What should I do if there is stubborn juice residue on the parts of the Jack Lalanne juicer?
If there is stubborn juice residue on the parts of the juicer, you can soak them in warm, soapy water for a longer period or use a small amount of white vinegar or lemon juice to help dissolve the buildup.
How often should I replace the mesh filter and the cutting blades of my Jack Lalanne juicer?
The mesh filter and the cutting blades of your juicer should be replaced every six months to a year, depending on how frequently you use your juicer.
How should I store my Jack Lalanne power juicer after cleaning it?
After cleaning your juicer, make sure to dry all the parts thoroughly before storing them in a cool, dry place. Store the parts separately to prevent any damage or scratches. Never place any object on top of the juicer.
In conclusion, cleaning your Jack Lalanne power juicer is a simple process that can help you to maintain the quality of your juice and ensure the longevity of your juicer.
By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article and using the essential tools, you can easily and effectively clean your juicer after every use. Remember to disassemble the juicer, rinse the parts, soak them in warm, soapy water, scrub the parts with a soft-bristle brush, rinse, and dry them thoroughly before reassembling the juicer.
By taking good care of your Jack Lalanne power juicer, you can continue to enjoy fresh, healthy juice every day.
If the juicer you own is not made by Jack LaLanne you can use our complete guides on how to clean a juicer from the a following brands:
Hello, I am Cristy. I love cooking but what I love most is keeping my kitchen tools and appliances top notch. I enjoy writing about everything I have learned around the kitchen. I believe that keeping your kitchen tools well cleaned and maintained produces the best dishes and drinks. Besides writing and cooking I enjoy traveling, camping, hiking and music.